Just made this again, with the last few oyster mushrooms I had in the fridge. With the pandemic I’m not sure when we’ll be able to get oyster mushrooms again. Supplies at the store are very patchy, but at least there’s still plenty of food, just odd in terms of what’s available when. I’ve done it before with button mushrooms instead but the taste is just not quite as good.
- 1 large white onion
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 leeks
- 4 mushrooms, oyster
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 lb Whole Wheat Pasta Shells
- Put olive oil in large saute pan. Dice onion, add to pan. Stir intermittently until onion is lightly carmelized, about 10 min.
- While onions are cooking, start water for pasta.
- Slice leeks (white/light green part), add to pan. Continue to stir.
- Add pasta to water when water reaches a roiling boil. Set timer for 8-9 minutes.
- When leeks are also soft, add sliced oyster mushrooms. Stir another 2-3 minutes until soft. Add shredded fresh spinach, stir until wilted.
- When pasta is finished, drain pasta, and toss drained pasta in the pan with the spinach/mushroom/leek mixture. Serve.