Writing down the recipe for the amazing super soft and tasty fancy rolls we figured out for Rosh Hashannah, so we can make them again!
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1.5 tsp bread machine yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 stick butter
- Place all ingrediants in the bread machine pan and run on dough setting.
- Punch down the dough, and remove it from the machine. Divide the dough into 12 equal parts, form into round, smooth rolls, and place them into the cups of the muffin pans. Cover the rolls with a kitchen towel, and let rise in a warm place until double, about 25 minutes.
- While the rolls are rising, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Rub the tops of the hot rolls with a stick of butter for a soft crust, cool the rolls slightly, and serve warm.